Sansu Math® Teacher's Guide 4BKoyo Publishing Inc
Sansu Math® Teacher's Guide 4B
Each unit of the Teacher's Guide begins with a unit overview that provides a discussion of core mathematical ideas, explanation of the learning trajectory for the unit and for the topic (across units), identification of key points, and ways to support students having difficulties with the unit.
The Teacher's Guides include full-color images of each page of the student textbook with overlaid answers, mirrored by a teacher’s page with lesson notes. These provide specific pedagogical suggestions, including hatsumon (key questions or problems to pose to students), anticipated responses, strategies to support student thinking, and assessment perspectives.
Lesson plans are complemented by carefully-crafted instructional boards which guide students through the units. The Teacher's Guides place an emphasis on recognizing the student's experience, incorporating varied perspectives from student characters and encouraging young learners to make discoveries on their own.
Teacher's Guides are spiral bound books designed to lay flat, and include examples of blackboard organization that can be projected using classroom technology.
Sansu Math® Teacher's Guide 4B is written for use with Sansu Math® Grade 4 student textbook for units 8-16.
Table of Contents
- Let's Organize Data for Easy Observation
- Let's Investigate the Properties of Operations
- Order of Operations
- Properties of Operations
- Let's Investigate the Size of Space
- How to Express an Amount of Space
- Area of Rectangles and Squares
- Units for Large Areas
- Let's Investigate Fractions in Detail
- How to Express Fractions
- Fractions of Equal Size
- Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
- How do Quantities Change?
- Let's Explore How to Express Approximate Numbers
- Expressing Approximate Numbers
- Calculations with Approximate Numbers
- Let's Think about Multiplying and Dividing Decimal Numbers
- Multiplying Decimal Numbers
- Dividing Decimal Numbers
- Times as Much and Decimal Numbers
- Let's Investigate Money
- Expressing Money in Dollars and Cents
- Multiplication and Division Calculations with Money
- Let's Investigate the Shapes of Boxes
- Cubes and Cuboids
- Perpendicular and Parallel Faces and Edges
- How to Express Position
Download Sample Chapter: